Thursday, October 30, 2008

Designer Spotlight: Thierry Rabotin

. . ”It was a great relief for my feet when as a boy, after having gone fishing or for a walk, I'd come home where I could finally take my shoes or rubber boots off and remain in my chaussons. When, like me, my grandmother took her shoes off, I could see that same sense of well-being on her face. . . ”.

One could say that this event decided Thierry's future professional career. Why put up with such uncomfortable shoes all day long and limit effortless walking only to the home? Thierry Rabotin was born in Thollet a tiny village in west central France at the beginning of the Fifties. He worked as a woman's wear, children's wear and knitwear designer before dedicating himself to shoemaking. All of his shoes are hand-made on a bench in Italy, the old-fashioned way - the craftsmanship is unmatched.

0 comments: